The trivial things Ev is thankful for.
It’s only appropriate to spend a blog post on the things for which I am thankful; only this list is written in typical borderlinefunny.com flair. And by “flair” I mean trivial and sarcastic humor which will elicit a slight raise of the right side of your top lip.
I’m thankful for…
- little league trophies. my 1981 participant trophy has meant so much to me over the years, and has certainly helped me land some great jobs.
- free drink refills. even after all of these years, i still can’t believe that I can pay for one drink but then refill it as much as I want! i can’t wait until gas suppliers jump on the “free refill” bandwagon.
- free wi-fi. if I’m looking for a place to get some work done that also has food and free drink refills, then you better offer me some free wi-fi, or you will immediately be off my list – i don’t care how good your food is.
- foreign countries who try to communicate in english.
- roku 2 xd. this is going to be hard for me to say, but this is the device that Apple TV should be. i know, i know. i’m one of the biggest Apple fan boys you will ever meet, but until Apple TV offers Hulu+, Roku gets the victory.
- air freshener in bathrooms.
- James Morrison. My current favorite musical artist.
- playful sarcasm with my wife. sometimes i feel like our lives are a TV sitcom. of course, other times i feel like it is going to turn into a murder-mystery.
- huge earlobe holes.
- online church services of Northpoint
- my daughter’s ability to kill deer.
- my son’s video game skills. if you can get scholarships for this, he will be able to go anywhere he wants.
- inexpensive healthcare.
- creativity in sport.
- these emails that i sent to a guy trying to scam me.
In response to his email that he couldn’t talk on the phone because he was traveling overseas:
“ok, I understand. Could you give me some more information about yourself? I am buying this car as a surprise for my son. He recently had to have a testicle removed after a football accident and I want to help cheer him up.”
In response to his email that I might need a doctor if I thought I could buy his truck for $200.
“That’s funny, because I am a doctor. Well, I’m a dentist. Some people don’t think dentists are real Drs, but that’s not true. Back to the truck. Is there a way we could just do a cash exchange? You seem like someone I can trust, so maybe I could just send you the cash directly instead of going through google checkout.”
What trivial things are you thankful for this year?