We, the founders of borderlinefunny.com, are a
conglomerate pair of insanely hilarious somewhat funny minds with a wealth of funny information small amount of minimally laughable material to share with the world. We strive to make you laugh at least half of the time you’re here. By setting our sights on this less-than-lofty goal, maybe we’ll surprise ourselves, and you, from time to time and get a few chuckles.
As a way of introduction, and to let you get to know the geniuses behind borderlinefunny.com a little better, we decided to conduct this informative and awe-inspiring interview . . . you’re welcome ahead of time.
What are your names?
Everett “Ev” Bracken and Gertrude “Steve” Efird.
Are those your stage names?
Do they sound like stage names?
Do you call it “borderline” funny because it is humor about illegal immigration?
That’s a stupid question and “borderline” offensive.
Is running borderlinefunny.com your full-time job?
Not yet, but if this whole new-fangled ”internet” thing sticks around, then maybe so.
Who writes better stuff?
No, I mean between the two of you?
If it really made you laugh, then it was mine (Steve).
If you got into a fight, who would win?
Steve – Well, I’m 6’5″ and have the reach advantage, and Ev is slow and not in great shape.
Ev – Hey! I’m in shape. Round is a shape.
Steve – Where did you get that joke, the 1984 Columbus Insurance Commissioners’ Conference?
Do you put your pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us?
Nope. Our wives hold them up about 5 feet off the ground, and we repel into them from the ceiling. It’s pretty invigorating, but really inconvenient.
Why are you doing this site?
What do you mean by “doing?”
You know, what’s your purpose for operating this site?
- We desperately need attention, and if only one person tells us we’re funny, that will get us through the day.
- We love to make people laugh, and sometimes we do. That’s why we call it borderline funny.
- We’d like to see if we can get good enough that people would hire us to make them laugh. We want to be the next Clint Eastwood and Anthony Hopkins.
Those guys are great actors, but not comedians.
Is there a question in there somewhere?
If someone wants to pay you $1 million to write a movie script for them, how can they contact you?
Did you mean to start that sentence with ”if” or “when?” When that time comes, they can go to our contact page.
Thanks for your time.
Ev – Why are we acting like there is an actual person interviewing us?
Steve – It looks more official and makes us seem big time.
Ev – Oh, good point.
Highlights of borderlinefunny.com
- one of the most popular things we do is the Friday Five in which we collect amazing videos throughout the week and whittle it down to the top 5 to post each Friday. Check those out if you need a quick laugh.
- the site is deftly produced by Ev and Steve. Click on one of their names to see posts by that person, then report back to us to let us know
that Evwho is funnier.
- we are for hire. We can write a lot of different things, and we would love to work with you to create something special. If you hire us for any job, you will receive a FREE* iPad 2!
- most importantly, we want to develop a community of friends who come to our site for inspiration and laughter. Please know that you are welcome here anytime, and if you leave a comment on one of our posts, we will respond (and then Facebook stalk you).
- Contact us and let’s be friends!
- Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. We will return the favor.
- If you like a post, take 30 seconds to share it via Twitter, Facebook, email, personal hand delivery, or even a message in a bottle.